Colette is a Certified Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) teacher/supervisor and a guest MSC teacher for the Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) delivering five-day Intensive MSC Courses and Silent MSC retreats. She trained to teach Mindful Self Compassion with Kristin Neff, Christopher Germer and Kristy Arbon in 2014.
Colette is a senior Breathworks mindfulness trainer and a MBSR teacher. She delivers training across a range of sectors including education, health and business. She’s an experienced retreat leader and offers meditation and mindfulness-based retreats in the UK and Europe.
- PhD, Liverpool University
MA Women’s Studies, Liverpool University
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling. City of Liverpool Community College
- Certificate in Education. John Moores University, Liverpool
- Trained Supervisor, CMPR University of Bangor.
I specialise in teaching and supervising mindfulness-based interventions with a significant emphasis on compassion/self-compassion.
- Mindful Self Compassion
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress
- Mindfulness for Health and interventions with significant emphasis on pain and illness
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy
I’ve been supervising mindfulness teachers in group/one-to-one settings since 2014. I have attended CMRP training in mindfulness supervision.
- MSC (Mindful Self Compassion)
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress and Mindfulness for Health
- Mindfulness in the Workplace
- Children and young people, parents, families and carers
- Students on training programmes
- General public
I’ve had a personal meditation practice since 2005. My foundational practices are self-compassion and insight-based. I have regularly attended silent meditation retreats over the past 12 years.
I’m interested in ways of applying insights from meditation practice and dharma teachings to situations of social, political, environmental, and economic suffering and injustice. I also facilitate ‘The Work That Reconnects,’ Deep Ecology workshops based on the work of Joanna Macy.
Colette’s website – www.mindfulnesscourse.co.uk