I’m a senior mindfulness teacher, trainer and supervisor with Breathworks CIC. I’ve taught Breathworks Mindfulness for Health and Mindfulness for Stress courses since 2010. I also teach MBSR (Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction), Mindfulness in the Workplace Programmes and am trained to deliver Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). I’m an accredited trained teacher of Mindful Self Compassion (MSC, The Centre for Mindful Self Compassion), and I’m working towards full teacher certification. I’m also trained to deliver .b (Foundations) programmes (Mindfulness in Schools Project MiSP). I deliver this range of MBI’s across a variety of contexts, e.g. education, health and the business sector. I lead on Breathworks teacher-training retreats and I’m employed as a member of Breathworks Programme Planning Team.
- PhD, Liverpool University
MA Women’s Studies, Liverpool University
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling. City of Liverpool Community College
- Certificate in Education. John Moores University, Liverpool
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (general populations)
- Mindful Self Compassion and Mindfulness-based Interventions with significant emphasis on compassion/self-compassion (general populations).
- Breathworks’ Mindfulness for Stress and Mindfulness for Health
I have supervised people delivering a range of mindfulness-based interventions across a range of contexts for the last three years. I have attended CMRP training in mindfulness supervision.
- Mindfulness-based Interventions with significant emphasis on compassion/self-compassion. Please note that I am in training to supervise MSC.
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress and Mindfulness for Health
- Mindfulness in the Workplace
- Children and young people, parents, families and carers
- Students on training programmes
- General public
I’ve had a consistent personal meditation practice for the last 10 years and been part of a dharma study group for the last three years. My foundational practices are the Mindfulness of Breathing, just sitting, the Metta Bhavana, and a variety of self-compassion practices. I love devotional practices and being close to nature. I’ve attended retreats over the last 10 years with Christina Feldman, Martin Aylward, Leela Sarti, Yanai Postelnik, Kristen Kratz. I now practise within the Triratna Buddhist community.
Research Activities and Interests
I am interested in making mindfulness and self-compassion practice sustainable. I deliver a range of events which are designed to support, deepen and inspire practice. I’m also interested in socially-engaged buddhism, seeking ways to apply the insights from meditation practice and dharma teachings to situations of social, political, environmental, and economic suffering and injustice. I also facilitate ‘The Work That Reconnects,’ Deep Ecology workshops based on the work of Joanna Macy.
Colette’s website – www.mindfulnesscourse.co.uk