I’ve taught Mindfulness since 2008, mainly to general population groups and in clinical contexts, as well in schools and the workplace. I teach MBCT for Depression, MBCT for Anxiety, MBCT for General Well-being, MBSR, MBCT For Life, and MBIs in schools. In addition, I run courses through Sussex Mindfulness Centre (SMC) and I’m an Associate Teacher for Mindful Health, an organisation that works in collaboration with the SMC to provide mindfulness teacher training. I’m also a qualified Speech and Language Therapist.
- MYRIAD training (MBCT For Life) (Oxford Mindfulness Centre)
- MBI-TAC (Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, CMRP)
- Mindfulness Supervision training (CMRP)
- .b and .b Foundations
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mindfulness-based Approaches (Bangor University)
- Certificate of Competence to Teach Mindfulness-based Approaches (CMRP)
- MSc Language Pathology (Newcastle University)
- BA (Hons) History (Sussex University)
Teaching Training Specialisms
- MBCT for General Well-being
- MBCT for Depression and MBCT for Anxiety in clinical and research settings
- MBCT For Life
- MBSR for General Population
- MBIs in Schools and Education
- I’ve been a supervisor since 2015
- supervising teachers in training, newly qualified and experienced teachers, who deliver mindfulness in a variety of contexts
- MBCT for general population groups
- MBCT for clinical/NHS settings
- MBSR for general populations
- MBIs in schools and education
I’ve had a daily meditation practice since 1994 when I was motivated to establish a practice to deal with stress and its effects on my physical health. I subsequently became a Buddhist, practising primarily within the Triratna community. I was ordained in 2010 and have extensive retreat experience both within Triratna and also at Gaia House. I also undertake personal retreats, where I have benefitted enormously from meditation interviews with Rob Burbea, Kristin Krantz and Yanai Postelnik. I have a yoga practice informed by Hatha and Iyengar approaches.
My current practice consists of the core mindfulness practices, in addition to compassion and vipassana practices.
Research Activities and Interests
- Teacher on MYRIAD research trial (2017)
- Teacher on Sussex Mindfulness Research at Sussex University (2017)
I’m interested in exploring mindfulness for trauma, and developing and applying compassion work.
Kate’s website – https://www.mindfulness4life.co.uk